Sunday, September 13, 2009

Twitter


I posted this image I took of kate Dillon , who is a very well known as a plus size model.She is so beautiful and looks normal not plus size to me.
A lot of people on Twitter got really upset that she is considered "plus size".
I'm right there with you all on that front.As a woman who has my own issues with having a curvy shape , I am very considerate not to perpetuate the unhealthy imagery that dominates fashion magazines and main stream advertising.Most of my subjects are normal, healthy looking women and I always tell model agents not to send me skinny skinny girls as I don't know how to photography them that well. .

7 comments:

  1. She is beautiful and so not a plus size! She is normal and very beautiful. How is there beauty in being able to identify every rib bone in someone's torso? Love it! Thank you Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy can come in thin and curvy

    The model industry mainly bores me, not many character faces

    and most around 18


    hello?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful woman and beautiful pic. More please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's very beautiful indeed. :) And definitely not plus sized (in the real world).

    Healthy people come in all shapes and sizes. Some people are skinny, some people are fat. Doesn't mean that they're unhealthy. People just need to remember this and not judge others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I am very considerate not to perpetuate the unhealthy imagery that dominates fashion magazines and mainstream advertising" ~ A very true statement, this photo is lovely. Your work is the perfect combination of feminine + strength + reality. Very inspirational. Thanks for being you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is quite nice to see you took the time to not only photograph a clearly intriguing subject but to also wrote so deliberately and thoughtfully about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know how to take pics of women...just women. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete